Andropause is the male equivalent of menopause, and its symptoms can be just as disruptive. You might also hear this referred to as “low T,” indicating low testosterone, but the symptoms are also caused by a reduced production of growth hormones. You may be experiencing andropause if you’ve noticed any combination of the following symptoms:
- Hair Loss
- Memory loss
- Weight gain, especially around the middle
- Erectile dysfunction
- Reduced libido
- Persistent fatigue
- GI changes, such as constipation
- Gynecomastia, or the development of male breasts
- Heart palpitations
- Mood swings and irritability
- Muscle loss or weakness
What to Expect
At your initial visit to Preventative Medical Clinic, we’ll perform a simple diagnostic analysis to determine your hormone levels. This can be completed via a saliva, urine, or blood sample. We’ll also discuss your medical history and symptoms with you.
Once we’ve diagnosed a hormonal imbalance, we can work on treating it. At Preventative Medical Clinic, our highly trained clinicians use only bioidentical hormones. These natural, plant-derived compounds replicate the structures of our natural hormones. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) has actually been successfully used since the 1930s, so its safety and efficacy are very well established.
Depending on your individual needs, we may recommend 1 of the following delivery options for your BHRT:
- Pellets: Hormonal pellets are placed just beneath the skin to consistently release hormones into the body. Patients who undergo pellet treatment only need to return to the clinic a few times per year.
- Transdermal cream: This commonly prescribed option is simply a cream that you apply yourself. The cream penetrates the skin and hormones are delivered directly into the bloodstream.
- Sublingual troches: Simple to take, this option is a lozenge that dissolves beneath your tongue.